Happy New Year to you all! May you all have a wonderful 2011!
Many of you may have left over meat from the holidays! I'm including a great and easy pot pie recipe!
Easy Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
2 cups leftover turkey, shredded or chopped (chicken works well too)
2 cups turkey gravy (chicken gravy works well too)
2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen bags of mixed vegetables work great)
2 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Line a 9 inch pie plate with pastry.
3. Mix turkey and vegetables together and place in pie crust. Pour gravy or thickened stock over turkey and vegetables. Cover with remaining pie crust. Cut slits in the top to release steam.
4. Place pot pie on a cookie sheet to prevent stock from over flowing into your oven. Cook in center of your oven until crust is golden brown for 1 hour.
Pefect Turkey Gravy
2 packages McCormick Turkey Gravy
1/4 cup flour
3 cups water
1 cup turkey pan drippings or turkey broth
1 cup chopped cooked turkey giblets (optional)
1. Mix Gravy Mix and flour in large saucepan. Gradually stir in water and turkey drippings with wire whisk until smooth. Stir in chiopped turkey giblets, if you desire to.
2. Stir frequently and cook on medium-high heat until gravy comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 mintues or until thickened. Stir occasionally.
Happy New Year from Locate Utah Homes!