This recipe is fast, easy, and finger licking good making you want to go back for more! The meat is so tender and juicy that it slides right off the bones. All of my family loves this recipe and could not resist seconds or thirds! This recipe is great when going camping or you can cook with your dutch oven outside in your backyard, like I did. Pair this recipe with baked beans, fried potatoes, or rice. You will be enjoying a magnificent dinner!
Easy Pork Ribs Dutch Oven Style Recipe
- 3 Slabs of Pork Ribs
- Johnny Seasoning Salt or any desired seasoning salt
- 45 oz. of your favorite BBQ sauce. (We used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, we also love Famous Dave's BBQ sauce)
- Dutch Oven to fit ribs in
- Dutch Oven liner for easy clean up
- Tools to use for your dutch oven
1. Season both sides of ribs with seasoning salt. Use as much as you prefer.
2. Grill ribs for 10 minutes on each side of ribs over a grill. This is to brown it. Total time this takes is 20 minutes.
3. Cut slabs of ribs in half. Place ribs in dutch oven. Pour BBQ sauce over the ribs evenly.
4. Put 15 coals on top of dutch oven. Put 15 coals under dutch oven. Cook for 1 hour.
5. When coals are about to die flip over rib slabs with tongs to cook on the other side. Cook for 1 more hour or longer until meat is tender or falls of the bone. Put 15 more coals on top of the dutch oven and 15 more underneath the dutch oven.
6. After cooking take the ribs out and place in tray/dish and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before eating.
Chicken is also pictured above with the ribs. Recipe coming soon for the chicken!
Enjoy this wonderful dish!